After the garden we went to see the Mandwa Mahal. Mandwa Mahal near the Bhoramdeo temple is another beautiful historic monument. Just one km. away from Bhoramdeo, Mandwa Mahal is known as the memorial of the marriage of Nagwanshi king and Haihawanshi Queen. Mandwa is a word from the local dialect synonymous to marriage pandal. Mandwa Mahal was originally a Shiv temple but due its shape, like a marriage shamiyana, it is known as Mandwa Mahal. It is also called Dullhadeo. Nagwanshi emperor Ramchandra Deo has built it in 1349 A.D. The Shiva Linga is inside the Garbha Grih and the Mandap rests upon 16 pillars.
The erogenous idols of this temple are also extremely beautiful. On the outer walls there are as many as 54 erotic sculptures in different poses. These asanas from the Kama Sutra, are truly an epitome of eternal love and beauty. They are artistically significant too. The Nagwanshi Kings were believed to be the practitioners of Tantra as their contemporaries in Khajuraho. The traces of turmeric on the walls, indicate that marriage and other rituals must have been performed here from time to time.
Just near the temple we saw a Swamiji. We greeted him and went to see the temple.
At the entrance of the temple there was a statue of Nandi:
The walls of the temple were covered with beautiful sculptures:
There was a Shiv Linga inside the Garbha Grih: