More photos of Siyadevi:
- Statue of Valmiki: Valmiki is the author of the great epic Ramayana. Ramayana consists of 24,000 verses in six cantos. The Ramayana tells the story of a prince, Rama of Ayodhya, whose wife Sita is abducted by the demon king of Lanka, Ravana. The Valmiki Ramayana is dated variously from 500 BC to 100 BC, or about co-eval with early versions of the Mahabharata. As with most traditional epics, since it has gone through a long process of interpolations and redactions it is impossible to date it accurately.
- Statue of deities:
- A Swamiji: We saw a Swamiji near the waterfall. When I greeted him, he smiled and applied a tilak of Vibhuti (sacred ash) on my forehead.
- Valmiki Waterfall: That’s the place where you can find the waterfall after the rainy season. I guess, September or October is the best time to see the waterfall.
- A gecko:
- Way to go to the ancient cave:
- Inside the ancient cave: It was dark inside the cave and there was very little space to move. Overall it was a great experience!