- Tyagada Kamba: This small, open pavilion, with an upper storey is historically important. In the center of the pavilion is an elaborately carved pillar which is unmatched in artistic beauty. It was probably erected in the late 10th century. It is believed that the minister Chavundaraya distributed gifts to the needy and the deserving from here. Another view is that he renounced from here all his worldly possessions including his life. The simple scroll designs, elegant workmanship and bold lines, bring out the best of the Ganga workmanship. The original inscription at the base was erased in about 1200 AD by Heggade Kanna. This Heggade installed the Yaksha image on top of this pillar and got a record engraved at its pedestal. Some five hundred years later an upper mantapa, was built in brick and mortar.
- Tyagada Kamba:
- Akhanda Bagilu: Negotiating a series of steps from Tyagada Kamba, we stood before the Akhanda Bagilu or the monolithic gateway. The doorway has Gajalakshmi panel, above the door lintel. Goddess Lakshmi is seated on a lotus flanked by two elephants who anoint the goddess with pots held in their trunks. The relief sculptures of crocodiles and lions form the upper part of the panel. This is one of the finest and largest reliefs of Gajalakshmi in thecountry- undoubtedly the best of Ganga workmanship. While the doorway is assignable to 980 AD, the two cells at it sides, were added around 1130 AD by Bharathamayya, a general of king Hoysala Vishnuvardhana. The two relief sculptures in the cells represent Bharata and Bahubali.
- Sri Bharateshwara: