- Designed and developed by HAL to meet flying club requirements
- Two side by side seats, strut braced, high wing cabin, monoplane.
- First flight prototype: September 1958
- Period of production: From 1959 to 1971
- Power Plant: Continental C-90-8F Piston engine
- Length: 6.40 m
- Wing Span: 10.97 m
- Height: 2.77 m
- Max all-up weight: 612 kgs
- Max Fuel capacity: 87 liters
- Max Speed: 144 Kmph
- Max Rate of climb: 2.54 m/s
- Max Range: 400 Kms.
- Service ceiling: 4267 m
- Endurance: 3 hours