Photos of Engine Hall:
- Petrol engine 4 stroke sectioned: This is also a four stroke engine but it is provided with side valves and is air cooled. The cylinder and cylinder head with cooling radiator (ribs) outside eliminates high combustion heat.
- Crank arrangement in IC engines:
- Petrol engine 2 stroke sectioned model:
- Wankel engine sectioned model: This is a four stroke engine in which the piston and the cylinder have been replaced by a rotor, rotating inside housing.The cross section of the rotor is shaped like an equilateral triangle with convex sides and the inside of the rotor housing in cross sections looks like an oval, slightly constricted in the middle. The rotor runs eccentrically on the axle shaft and the power is transmitted by a sun and planet gear. Wankel engine was invented in 1957 by the German engineer Felix Wankel. (1902-1988). The advantages of the Wankel engine over the piston engine are 1) its compact structure, 2) the small number of its parts and 3) vibration is much less due to the fact that here rotary motion replaces reciprocating motion.
- Left Automobile steering gear with front axle and brakes (sectioned model), middle Automobile differential gear, rear axle and brakes sectioned model and right Petrol engine automobile model:
- Automobile steering gear with front axle and brakes (sectioned model): This model demonstrates by rotation of steering wheel, the communication of thedesired motion to the jointed parts of the from axle resulting in the control of direction. By actuating the brakes the working of the brake cam, brake shoesand brake linings can be seen.
- Automobile differential gear, rear axle and brakes sectioned model: This model demonstrates the working of the differential gears permitting on wheel totravel independently of the other when necessary and the same time causing each wheel to receive its share of power. (from engine) The brake drums have been sectioned to show working of brake cam, brake shoes, and linings by depressing the brake lever.
- Petrol engine automobile model: This model demonstrates the actual working principle of a modern four cylinder, four cycle automobile engine coupled withthree speed reversible gear box and clutch. Also, can be seen the power transmission in various speeds, reverse gear, and working of components such as speedometer driving gear, gear changing lever etc.